Friday, September 2, 2011

New Horse Magazine!

I recently discovered a great new magazine called Horse Highways (www.horsehighways.com)

It's for recreational and trail riders, especially people who like to travel with their horses. The magazine and website cover California, Oregon and Nevada. It has directories with information on trail riding destinations, complete with trail reviews, as well as listings for vets you can contact while traveling, and even a great concept I hadn't seen before - Bed & Barns.

Bed & Barn facilities are exactly what you're thinking! They're Bed & Breakfast style Inns with stalls for overnight rental. If you like to travel with your horse as much as I do, this can be a really fun way to do it. I like to take my paint mare camping on a regular basis, and while I love camping and the peace and quiet that comes from "roughing it" - I'm thinking that it will be awesome to try a Bed & Barn! I'm going to start saving up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment